Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Lay Your Burdens Down

Max Stalling wrote a song called "Lay My Burdens Down." This song is famous between my brother, Steve Abney and myself because we'd occasionally get up before sunrise to go fishing before staff meeting at Camp. The chorus says:

I'm going to lay my burdens down now
Gonna ask the Lord to watch them a while
I'm gonna walk where the sun is shining
And I'll be home when I've found a smile

Have you worried about anything lately? I know I have, and hearing this song was such a great reminder that God is in control. All you have to do is let him "watch stuff"- he's in control and his ways are the best ways.

Listening to this song made me think of the Hebrews 11:1, which says, "Faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we cannot see." I know what I hope for, and to be sure of that is an amazing thing. There's a lot I can't see right now, but being certain of what is to come is a beautiful thing.

Lay your burdens down today..hope..be certain...and find your smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment