Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Jumping In


My most memorable and fun time this summer at Camp was on Wednesday night of our two week sessions. We dug a huge hole in the volleyball court as counselors and campers prepared to duke it out in some fierce tug of war matches. It was at that time that Sarah Black (I think) came up to me and whispered, "Travis...it's time to get out of your comfort zone." And it dawned on me- that morning I had encouraged our staff to really get out of their comfort zone to love on the kids. So...there I was:) The rest is history- as you can see in the picture...that's what happened next. As soon as the mud filled my toes and ears and everywhere else on my body...the fun officially begun. The rest of the night was such a blast, and I was so glad I dove in head first (that pun is for you Price Downham...lol).

In John 14:15, Jesus says, "If you love me, you will obey what I command." So, what is He whispering in your ear today? Will you listen and obey? I promise- if you do, blessings will follow at some point in ways we never expect. A good family friend of ours, Byron Gossett, once said, "On the back side of obedience is God's blessing."

My prayer today is that each of you will hear God's whisper, obey with a childlike faith, and be blessed beyond belief!

Love and inwauh,

Travis

1 comment: