Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Having a Bad Day? Look up

Have you had a bad day lately? Maybe even a bad week?

This week I got to visit another camp for C.A.M.P. here in Texas and we got to take a tour of the camp grounds. It was really neat to see another Texas camp and at the same time made me appreciate all that we have at Huawni. Towards the end of the tour, we walked up a hill to an outdoor amphitheater made of rocks; this is where the kids meet on Sunday as a church and where kids sometimes go to get close to God.

Soon enough, I begin thinking of all the places at Huawni where I've encountered God and felt really close to him. The Little Red Church, Mimi and Daddy Earl's grave site, the TJ bridge, the deck by the pool, Horned Frog Pavilion, the Glory Gang, and the Main Cabin porch were just a few places that jumped into my mind. It's at these places that I like to spend time alone or with a few friends praying and reflecting on the Lord's creation and His will for me.

So at the base of this cross, it read "I life up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, Maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2 .What a great reminder- my help always comes from Him. Are you getting sick of school or work already? Are there things that are weighing heavy on your heart? Just look up- He's there and is the best help we could possibly imagine. Even though we can't go back to the Little Red Church or SOJ by the pool until next summer, it's okay.....He's still with us.

May the Lord bless your week, and don't forget to "look up"!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment